atom feed5 messages in edu.brown.listserv.tei-lRe: critical apparatus: advice to enc...
FromSent OnAttachments
Marjorie BurghartFeb 9, 2011 12:07 pm
Lou BurnardFeb 9, 2011 1:13 pm
Marjorie BurghartFeb 9, 2011 1:25 pm
Robert WhalenFeb 9, 2011 1:42 pm
Franz FischerFeb 11, 2011 7:09 am
Subject:Re: critical apparatus: advice to encode the omission of several paragraphs?
From:Robert Whalen (rwha@NMU.EDU)
Date:Feb 9, 2011 1:42:06 pm
List:edu.brown.listserv.tei-l

Rob

On 2/9/11 4:26 PM, Marjorie Burghart wrote:

Hmmm... Well, but wouldn't it be quite a step to label a variant reading of 'omission' type as a <delSpan/>? According to the guidelines, a <delspan/>: "marks the beginning of a longer sequence of text deleted, marked as deleted, or otherwise signaled as superfluous or spurious by an author, scribe, annotator, or corrector" (11.3.4). It's not the case here, no deletion, just an omission. Besides, I need to attach the variant reading to a witness.